Monday, April 30, 2007

Jade Rhapsody I (翡翠之恋) $50 (SOLD)

I was wondering what to do with the few pieces of excellent carved arc jade that I had. Was inspired by the HK drama serial that was showing on Channel U not too long ago. Hence, the name, Fei Cui.

The design on the centre jade piece is intricately carved.. and strung by seed beads to join up with bloodstones and aventurine rounds.
The closure is a unique antique gold toggle in the shape of a flower.

The picture somehow does not seem to do justice to the actual product.. I absolutely love this combination. What's more, it will look good on a young lady but equally elegant on a mature lady.. great as a Mother's Day gift too! My mum just couldn't take her hands off this once she saw it.. :p

Meant to be worn short and sits just niced slightly below the collarbone. Only piece of this design since it's hard to get bloodstones of these shape and colours.
Click on picture for enlarged view of the jade piece.