Monday, April 30, 2007

Rose Chalcedony $20


There are some things in life that are worth waiting for..
In this case, I recalled that I was waiting for a couple of months for these semi-precious stones.. these beautiful red chalcedony! I saw them in a thick clustered strand in a shop that I frequent. However, the lady boss was not prepared to sell them separately till she could think of a use for them. I've seen other colours of these stones sold.. fuschia pink and another colour. However, they just don't look as good as this colour. I was tempted to buy the whole strand.. but the cost of it put me off.. it was a few hundred bucks!!
Finally, the boss decided to sell them separately. Hence, this creation: gold plated rose filigees that are beautiful on their own and themed with the red chalcedony. The red chalcedony are in a lovely fat tear drop shape and are crafted multi-faceted. There's a little shine to the beautiful stones.. and since they're natural, each looks slightly different... Totally dainty yet glam. With leverback ear wires.