Sunday, March 8, 2009

My new hobby.....

Given that I love to do handicrafts, it is only right that some of my gifts to my love ones would also be handmade by me. After doing 2 cross-stitches, I was wondering what next to do for my boyfriend. Despite the fact that I like to make accessories, I never like guys to wear them :p

Anyway, after much deliberation, I decided to make a teddy bear for him :) Hand-sewing a teddy bear is indeed not too easy.. and the materials do cost a bit too. Since this is my first attempt, I decided to use not too expensive fur compared to the usual mohair... I've also decided to make it small.. not one for cuddling but one to place on the desk...


And the end-product is on the right. Though not exactly as good as those in the shops, but I've done some research and realised that mine doesn't look that bad as all hand-sewn bears go :p


The best part is... it MOVES!! All joints including the head can be turned! How cool is that huh??? :p

I've also decorated it with a "burberry" ribbon... not the real thing of coz... but some checkered ribbon ... and I love checkered design :)


The end product, happily sitting in a nice box, before it was wrapped up and tied up with a lovely white satin ribbon :)